Pop Star Bitten By Cobra Sings On Before Dying
A pop star in Indonesia has died after being bitten by a cobra mid-performance on stage.
Irma Bule astonishingly carried on singing for a further 45 minutes before she collapsed in front of fans . . .
The 29-year-old is known for wearing snakes during her acts, but the cobra which she danced with on Sunday had not been defanged.
It is understood she was bitten after she stood on the snake during the gig in a village in Karawang, West Java.
Footage captured the moment the blonde singer was bitten.
Her body jerks and she momentarily stops dancing, sits down and is attended to on stage by a snake handler.
“The accident happened in the middle of the second song when Irma stepped on the snake’s tail,” Ferlando Octavion Auzura, who was in the audience, told local website merdeka.com.
“The snake then bit Irma on the thigh.”
He said the pop star refused treatment and carried on singing before she started vomiting and collapsed.
She was taken to hospital where she was later confirmed to have died.
King cobras are the world’s longest venomous snakes and can be more than five metres long.