Trump Lashed Out At Press Coverage Of Salacious ‘Dossier On Trump’

trump-blasts-media-during-news-conference

President-elect Donald Trump used his first press conference since July to lash out and rebuke specific news outlets for publishing reports on Tuesday regarding his campaign’s ‘dealings with Russia’ . . .

In a comment about BuzzFeed, which chose to publish the full unverified dossier of scandalous allegations, Trump called the media site, BuzzFeed:  “a failing pile of garbage.” Shortly afterward, CNN reporter Jim Acosta attempted to ask Trump a question. Trump declined, calling the news network, CNN: “fake news.”

“I felt it was only fair if our news organization was going to be attacked, we get to ask a follow-up question,” Acosta said after the press conference.

Acosta said that incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer told him if he ever “acted like that” again, he would be thrown out.

Spicer rebuked pressmen/women as he opened the Trump News Conference:

“It’s frankly outrageous and highly irresponsible for a left-wing blog that was openly hostile to the president-elect’s campaign for publishing salacious and flat-out false information on the Internet just days before he takes the oath of office,” said Spicer from the lobby of Trump Tower.

“According to BuzzFeed’s own editor, there are some serious reasons to doubt the allegations in the report. The executive editor of the New York Times also dismissed the report by saying it was ‘totally unsubstantiated,’ echoing the concerns that many other reporters expressed on the Internet. The fact that BuzzFeed and CNN made the decision to run with this unsubstantiated claim is a sad and pathetic attempt to get clicks. The report is not an intelligence report, plain and simple.”

The Republican National Committee communications director (the next Trump White House Press Secretary) pointed specifically to the line in the report that Trump attorney Michael Cohen had met Kremlin officials in Prague in August. Spicer said Cohen’s passport shows he did not leave or enter the United States in the months of August and September, confirming a report from CNN Wednesday morning that said a government source had confirmed it was a different Michael Cohen who had visited Prague.

US intelligence officials last week had presented a two-page synopsis of the classified report to President Barack Obama and President-elect Donald Trump, according to CNN and The New York Times, who cited unnamed US officials with knowledge of the meeting.

“The Kremlin has no compromising dossier on Trump, such information isn’t consistent with reality and is nothing but an absolute fantasy,” said Dmitry Peskov, a spokesman for President Vladimir Putin, The Washington Post reported. CNN gave no details of the allegations but BuzzFeed published — without corroborating its contents — a 35-page dossier of memos on which the synopsis is based.

MM

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s